Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Back from camping trip

We have returned from our camping trip to Mt. Pleasant, SC. There is a KOA there that Cindy and I enjoy going to. It is about 3 miles from the Isle of Palms, so the beach is close by. On this trip we never got to the beach. We got there Friday afternoon and got the camper set up. Afterwards, we drove to Shem Creek for supper. We got a table on the porch facing the creek at R.B.'s. As we were being seated we noticed that dolphins were swimming around in the creek as well as pelicans. Lydia loved watching those and the boats motoring in and out of the creek.

We got back and got settled down for sleep. It took Austin a little while to settle down in his playpen we setup next to Lydia's bed at the rear of the camper. Cindy and my bed is a Pop-Out at the front. We had deliberately left this "un-Popped" until we got back from supper so that the air conditioner could easily handle to load of the warmth of the Friday afternoon air.

I had noticed a IHOP on our way back from supper and planned to return to it for breakfast on Saturday. We then made a quick trip to Target for some supplies before getting back to enjoy the pool at the KOA. While Cindy and Lydia went to the pool Austin and I took a quick nap. Once Austin woke up, we went to Jack's Cosmic Dogs for lunch. Then it was back to the KOA and running around the Playground until supper time. Supper was lunch meats and Cheetos.

Sunday we got up and got ready for Church. Our home congregation is Hope Lutheran Church in Irmo, SC. Pastor Jason Zahn's wife, Jesse has a brother who is the Pastor of Beautiful Savior Lutheran Church in Summerville, SC. We attended service there on Sunday. Pastor Jon Hine delivered the Invocation and readings while the Vicar delivered the sermon. After service we went to Ruby Tuesdays for lunch. Then it was back to the KOA for more swimming and time at the Playground. The weather gave us a bit of consternation as a brief storm blew in. We took down our awning and huddled together in the camper reading children's books until it blew over.

After waking on Monday and eating a quick breakfast in the camper we began unhooking our camper and preparing for the two hour drive back home. I am so happy that our kids travel so well. The trip back was uneventful...Thank God.

We got home and called our folks to let them know we were back safe and sound. I noticed that the grass needed mowing and took care of that while Cindy took the kids down to a local playground. I thought that was a great segway for the kids back to "regular" life back home.

I thank God that he has given me the strength to enjoy trips like this as I continue the fight against my cancer. I have lost a few pounds and hope to gain them and a few more back. I will need them as I prepare to return back to work next Monday. I pray that God gives me strength and clarity of mind to discharge the duties of my job. Today I go in for another chemo treatment. I pray that these treatments continue to receive God's blessings and prove to be effective against the cancer in my pancreas, and that it does not spread to any other part of my body. If it is God's will, I pray that my cancer completely disappears and that I can resume a normal life once more.

Continue to pray for Susannah Zahn, the daughter of Pastor and Jesse Zahn. Pray that her Doctors are lead to a diagnosis and a treatment for her condition. Pray also for my Father-in-law, Don Laag. Pray that his PSA is lower than 2, and that his prostate cancer does not return. Pray also for Wayne Whitten, that his cancer treatments are able to control his liver cancer and that his general health returns. Pray that all of us are given an extra measure of the Holy Spirit, that our trust in God for all things is made strong and sure. May we always trust that God is doing ALL things for our good as His Word confirms as in Romans 8:28. Know that I also pray for all of you, that you continue to show yourselves to be Christ's disciples by loving one another. I thank God that the main lesson I have learned through this experience is that God IS love. I pray too that I have the opportunity to share that love with others in need.

That is all I have for now. I will make a new post after my first day back to work next week.

Yor brother in Christ,
Mack

No comments: