Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Back to work!

I started back to work on May 21st. The day began with my moving pretty slowly. I had been away for so long that I had to recondition myself to getting around that early. Plus, the Sunday before I had experienced an episode of weakness and fatigue that sent me home from Church. Tuesday was much easier.

I just got home from seeing the Nurse Practitioner at SCOA. My blood work was all normal and I am scheduled to begin another set of three chemo treatments next Tuesday. I asked her if I was one of the happy 4 percent that will enjoy as a five year survivor, but she said it would be to early to tell now. Ask her again in five years. I should have guessed that would have been her answer, but I do believe that I may very well be one of those folks!

I cannot begin to thank everyone for all of your prayers and acts of kindness. Going back to work and rejoining my friends has been the culmination of many of these prayers.

I will continue to add to this blog, but will likely be fewer and further between since my reports are so good. Unless my cancer "turns tiger" I doubt that I will face very many challenges to speak of. This is so unbelievable I just cannot say!

Your brother in Christ,
Mack

2 comments:

juplife said...

mack, good to hear things are going so well. i believe my mom will be there in 5 years too. john

Ed Bellinger said...

My prayers are with you my brother. I am at 4 and a half years and I trust God I will make it. I think I may go on 20 years plus at this rate giving God the glory