Thursday, May 3, 2007

Back to chemo, etc

After a two week vacation from chemo I have begun another three week session. During the time off I noted less pain, more energy and overall better spirits. Now that I am two days past my session the pain has returned, I feel less energetic and pretty much blah. In other words, nothing new.

I got my letter of medical release to return to work from Dr. McElveen and turned it in to Bob Cook. Bob was ecstatic to say the least. I am looking forward to getting back to work, too. It has been so long since I have used the gifts that God has given me, and I pray that I will do as well as I had done prior to my surgery.

Cindy and I have a brief vacation trip planned to Mt. Pleasant where we go to our favorite KOA. Afterwards, David and Carrie will be in town. This is great because we have a lot of work to do for Ionosoft's upcoming release of our cardiology reporting tool, Visual Cath Report in the near future. This is a project that we have been working on for the last four years. All of us at Ionosoft are looking forward to a successful release of our software.

There are a lot of fantastic things going on in my life. I thank God that He has restored my health to be a part of what lies ahead. My youngest kids are growing up so fast! Lydia will begin 5K this Fall. Austin is walking and trying so hard to talk. My two older kids lives are also very dynamic. Ionosoft is a company that is made up of Dr. Rodney Harrison, my son David and myself. My eldest daughter, Jennifer, is a fine mother and wife and a hard worker; both in her home and at her career. I am SO proud of all of them. I am most proud of my wife, Cindy. She has stood beside me in this difficult time without hesitation and is my pillar of strength. I know that I have not always shown my thanks to Cindy and haven't always been the most agreeable person to deal with. I am blessed way beyond my wildest dreams.

Please continue to pray for Suzannah Zahn. Her condition is still not defined and continues to be a problem for her. I pray that the Doctors will soon have a working diagnosis and effective treatment, and that the Holy Spirit continue to strengthen and console her parents.

More later. I'll make another post after our camping trip.

Your brother in Christ,
Mack

2 comments:

juplife said...

mack, good to hear things are going well and you're headed back to work. my mom just finished radiation last week and made it to work this week. she is going to johns hopkins in june to look into a vaccine they have developed. have you heard about this? we continue to keep you in our prayers.

Unknown said...

Pancreatic cancer is again one of those that happen to older people (generally those above the age of 60). Chronic pancreatitis, which is caused by consumption of large amounts of alcohol, can act as a predecessor of pancreatic cancer. Some people tend to associate pancreatic cancer to genes and family history but there doesn't seem any concrete evidence to suggest one or the other. Generally speaking, pancreatic cancer doesn't seem to have a relation to family history. Pancreatic cancer treatments in Thailand